---SNHS Chapters are now in 50 states plus many American school chapters around the world!---
New chapters can start at anytime through the school year. Any secondary education school is eligible to apply for a charter and form a local chapter. Each school shall have its own chapter.
Schools may charter a chapter of the SNHS by following these steps:
- The teacher who will be the Chapter Advisor should be cleared by their administration to form a chapter.
- Go to: http://app.sciencenhs.org/app/registerChapter.aspx
- Enter all required data.
- Submit the electronic application form to the SNHS. You will receive a popup announcement immediately. Watch for that popup because it gives you a confirmation number. Save that confirmation number for your records. Also, add the Sciencenhs.org as a safe sender in your email system. If you do not get that popup, call us for assistance.
- Pay a one-time Application Fee and registration payment of $200 to the SNHS using our online system (We use PayPal as our bank but you do not have to have a PayPal account to use it) or a check at this address: SNHS Annual Dues c/o SNHS Treasurer, 6010 Washington Avenue, Suite D, Houston, TX 77007.
- [Note: The application fee for International American schools is $300 to cover additional mailing costs.] The application fee and registration includes membership in the SNHS and an 11X17 inch certificate for display at your school, and the first-year dues for your chapter. Please include your confirmation number along with your check. Schools who pay their registration payment using PayPal find their application is processed more quickly. Go online at www.Sciencenhs.com/store. When you pay using PayPal, make sure you add your school name and teacher name on that account so we know which school is sending those funds. The choice to your own credit card is on the last page of the registration process.
- Also send us a written statement from the school Principal requesting that your school will be granted a SNHS chapter. The statement should discuss why your school wishes that your school have a chapter of the SNHS and how it would be implemented. Email is accepted for this letter. Send the emails to email@example.com.
- The SNHS will contact you at your school via email within 4-6 weeks with your charter information.
- You will also receive an 11’x17’ Charter document suitable for framing. Notify your office personnel since this will be delivered in an 18" mail tube.
- Schools may also pay their yearly dues online at the SNHS store. If you cannot use a credit card, send a check for those dues to the address below to maintain your SNHS charter status. Dues for subsequent year are $60.
A generic invoice is available to pay your dues. Download this form, fill it out and print it. Give it to your administration as needed.
Registration payments and/or dues can be mailed to the following address:
The Science National Honor Society
Treasurer - Dues or Registration
6010 Washington Avenue, Suite D, Houston, TX 77007
Contact SNHS with any questions:
Phone: (281) 404-7259
Fax. (713) 974-0850