- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
See the notice of an extension of the SNHS Scholarship application due date below.
America has been honoring brilliant students through honor societies since 1921. Educators began to notice the need for subject specific honor societies in America’s high schools in the 1980's. Since then, new honor societies have sprung up to recognize and encourage students in such areas as English, Art, French, and Spanish. Now, there is a national honor society for Science. In this era of rapidly changing technologies and scientific advancement, it is time to encourage and recognize high school students in the Sciences. It is time for the Science National Honor Society:
Science National Honor Society Vision
SNHS will be the prominent scientific organization that will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of industry, research, and scientific exploration for America.
We pledge to: